About Our Club
The Zonta Club of Mackay was chartered in October 1992 and is going stronger than ever with around 30 active members in our Club in 2024.
We are a passionate and diverse group of women that reflect a cross-section of the Mackay community. From young professionals, to business owners and retirees, our membership group varies in age, careers, lifestyles, backgrounds and experience.
We meet over dinner from 5.30pm every third Tuesday of each month at Ocean International. The dinner meeting lasts for around 2 hours and the cost to cover the main meal is $25. Contact us if you are interested in coming along to one of our meetings.
Our Club is part of Area 5 (Mackay, north to Cairns and west to Mt Isa), comprising nine clubs with over 200 members. Area 5 is in District 22 which encompasses Queensland and northern New South Wales.
Our coastal city of Mackay, located about halfway between Cairns and Brisbane in Queensland, is home to over 125,000 people. We live a relaxed, tropical lifestyle that combines all the facilities of a modern regional city with an array of natural wonders.
Zonta International is a leading global organisation of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
We envision a world in which women’s rights are recognised as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
One third of our funds raised are directed to Zonta International in support of globally funded projects. The remaining two thirds of our funds raised are directed towards local projects, awards, activities and events.
- Young Women in Public Affairs Award – recognises leadership in young women in senior secondary schooling.
- STEPS Scholarship – awarded to local women to assist with their studies at CQ University.
- Jane M Klausman Award – presented to a local woman currently completing a Business degree.
Financial sponsorships and in-kind donations to various local community organisations such as:
- Mackay Women’s Services
- Chances House / Australian Street Aid Project
- The Trudy Crowley Foundation
- Samaritan House
- The Salvation Army
- Bravehearts Courage Project
- Broken Ballerina Inc
- Assembling of Birthing Kits to assist women giving birth in developing countries
- Provision of breast care cushions to local hospitals for breast cancer patients
- March – International Women’s Day luncheon (IWD)
- May – Candle Lighting Ceremony – in memory of those who have died as a result of Domestic and Family Violence
- October – Reclaim the Night
- November – UN Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women and ZONTA SAYS NO TO VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
- Cent Sales
- Bunnings Sausage Sizzles
- Movie nights
- High teas
Our Mackay Women events aim to educate and inform. We strive to Motivate, Inspire and Connect women from all walks of life. With a range of fantastic guest speakers, attendees can expect great food, great company & powerful networking opportunities.
To assist us to host our Mackay Women events, we provide sponsorship opportunities for businesses and individuals. If you are interested in sponsoring a Mackay Women event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Z Clubs and Golden Z Clubs
The Zonta Club of Mackay sponsors Z Clubs in the following schools in the Mackay District:
- CQ University Golden Z Club
- Holy Spirit College – HSC Z Club
- Mirani High School – Mirani Z Club
- North Mackay High School – HOWW (Helping Others World Wide) Z Club
- Northern Beaches High School – Northern Beaches Z Club
- Pioneer State High School – PSHS Z Club
- Sarina High School – Zarina Z Club
- St Patricks College – St Pats Z Club
- Whitsunday Anglican School – WAS Z Club
- Catherine McAuley College – CMC Z Club
We love to welcome new members onboard. If you’d like to find out more about joining our Club please email us at email@example.com.
To apply for sponsorship please send us an email with details of your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like to present at one of our meetings, or nominate a guest speaker for an event? Interested in partnering with our club on a project? Able to donate goods to support one of our service projects? Please drop us a line at email@example.com.
Annual International Women’s Day Lunch Sunday March 10, MECC Plenary Halls
16 Days of Activism 26 Nov-10 Dec
Each year we plan a program of activities to interest supporters and raise money for our local and international projects.